What Questions Should You Ask a Surrey Wedding Photographer?
Before you meet with a Surrey Wedding Photographer on your list, make sure to write down any and all of your questions. Be sure to take detailed notes during these meetings. While most professional wedding photographers in Surrey will provide you with a clear and detailed documentation of their services and any associated fees prior to your meeting, you will still have a lot of questions to ask of them. Don’t forget, the more information you gather now, the more confident, happy and relaxed you’ll feel on your wedding day. Here are a lot of the questions you should ask when you meet with any Surrey Wedding Photographer:
- How will I receive my wedding photos to review? Will they be digital (on a jump drive, disc or an online gallery), proofs, contact sheets or another format?
- When after the wedding can I expect the photos to be available to view?
- How long will my photos be available to view, and how long do I have to make up my mind on photo selection?
- Will you be available and able to help me select the final shots?
- How do you make it possible for family and friends to order prints?
- Can you tell me the costs of different types of coverage if you offer various levels?
- Do you have more than one photography style you prefer, such as traditional, casual, candid, photojournalistic, etc.?
- What are your charges for multiple prints, reprints, photo albums or folios, enlargements, etc.?
- What is the time frame in which you will be able to prepare and return my pictures once I’ve selected them?
- Do you provide an engagement session? Is there an additional cost?
- How long have you been a Surrey wedding photographer?
- How many weddings have you photographed in Surrey or elsewhere?
- What kind of guarantee of your services and photographs can you provide if I hire you?
- Do you have a personal philosophy when it comes to photographing weddings?
- Do you have or require an assistant or second shooter? Is there an additional cost for this person to help you on our wedding day?
- Do you have any travel fees that I will be expected to pay?
- What is your fee for hourly overtime?
- How do you plan to make my wedding photographs unique and personal?
- Do you bring backup equipment to every wedding you work?
- Will you be shooting my wedding pictures yourself?
- Do you use film or digital cameras or both?
- Do you require a deposit? How much is the deposit?
- What is the payment plan and when is the final payment due?
- What is your policy on wedding date changes?
- What happens if you are not available on this backup date?
- What is your policy with regards to an unexpected cancellation?
- Why should I hire you rather than another Surrey wedding photographer?
Choosing a Surrey Wedding Photographer and Making a Commitment
After meeting with each Surrey wedding photographer whose style you liked and having asked these questions, you now should have a very clear idea of which Surrey wedding photographer is the best suited to preserve your wedding day memories.
Once you have chosen a wedding photographer in Surrey and made a decision, be prepared to place a deposit on their services in order to reserve your wedding date. When you feel that you have chosen the Surrey wedding photographer that is right for you, relax and know you have made the right commitment. Be confident that you’ve come to a well-researched and intelligent decision in planning the most important day of your life.